5 posts tagged itinerary
Just got back from the bachelorette party in Vegas! So, as promised, here is the DIY project I worked on to make the itineraries for the weekend:
Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of and really love fabric invites and save the dates, so I decided to go that route for the itineraries!
Here’s the DIY process for creating these itineraries!
- I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought some fabric in the colors that I knew my friend was doing for her wedding..
- Then I bought some paper to print out the actual itinerary for the weekend on. This bamboo paper at Paper Source is so lovely..and easy to print on! I picked out a fun font and printed out the itineraries.
- Then, I cut the printed itinerary and glued it onto another sheet of shimmery paper that I also got from Paper Source.
- After the 2 pieces of paper were glued together, I cut the fabric to fit the size of the pages. It was easier to just cut all of the fabric for each itinerary at once to save time later.
- Once the fabric was cut and lined up with the paper, I cut a slit down the center of the fabric to make sure all of the text would show up in the “window”.
- Then came the tricky part! Here’s where your Mom or Mother-in-law can help out - we used a sewing machine and picked a contrasting color thread to sew the fabric to the paper. Make sure you keep a straight line for the stitching!
- And voila - you have this fabulous fabric-stitched itinerary! My Mother-in-law wants to do this again for invites - so fun!
Here’s the inspiration - it was from a NY Fashion Week Show invite a few years ago:
A great project to work on if you have some spare time, and something your friend will love!